Page 3 of 3
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 am
by i586coder
hmmm, what is "Quafios" any way

Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:41 am
by iocoder
Quafios is my operating system! it's a shortcut to "Quick and Flexible Operating System".
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:42 am
by i586coder
don't get me wrong, but this is tremendous work for student in school i guess

Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 am
by iocoder
Do you know?
I'm 16 years old in a secondary school.
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:50 am
by i586coder
are you team or one person in your OS project, for me it took about 1 year to write my UNEXT/os kernel and other stuff like standard C lib its look like DOS but it is multi tasking with custom basic interpreter to create application for GUI
whats about you

Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 am
by iocoder
i'm one person in my OS Project, I started it since i went into the secondary school, but really i took about 4 years learning computer and programming before starting in Quafios.
it wasn't called Quafios, it was called "FOS", and was written in Assembly language, under real mode environment. then i stopped that and started to use Linux and GCC, and started the project again from scratch with the name "Quafios", Quafios now consists of 3 parts:
- Memory Manager:
Which allows the kernel to manage the memory and reserve spaces for applications and
device drivers and Memory Manager also controls GDT.
- Device Manager:
Which controls ISA & PCI Devices and their Device Drivers.
- Volume Manager:
Which controls volumes in the system, they are 26 volumes "A:" to "Z:", and there is a volume "*:" or "~:" which takes you to system volume.
I'm now writing VFAT driver for Quafios, and then i will start in Task Manager, which shall manage GUI, Tasks, and Windows.
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:12 pm
by earlz
This actually looks like something that would be on a mythical programming.wikipedia.org.. I think I like the pictures even if they aren't all that relevant lol
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 am
by iocoder
I think I like the pictures even if they aren't all that relevant lol
i wanted to put pictures of me, lol
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:44 am
by arjo129
Nice tutorial. I'm 14 years began OSdeving at the age of 12. joined this forum at the age of 13 and released my first kernel. Personally I think this should be under the tutorials section.
Re: IDE Tutorial
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 am
by shikhin
arjo129 wrote:Nice tutorial. I'm 14 years began OSdeving at the age of 12. joined this forum at the age of 13 and released my first kernel. Personally I think this should be under the tutorials section.
I think it would rather be foolish to open up a dead thread, just to show off your age? Also, if you haven't noticed, the OP has already posted it up here:
http://wiki.osdev.org/IDE
Regards,
Shikhin