Page 2 of 2
Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:46 am
by distantvoices
*rofl*
Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:51 am
by Solar
Hey, of course I am
aware of it. It's just that I'm a developer, not a gamer.

Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 pm
by df
thanks for all the feedback. Chris, if you'd like to host the forums that would be great! im sure the wiki can find a home somewhere given time.
private msg me if your still interested
Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:39 pm
by crxgames
I would be willing to host it. I tried emailing you a few weeks back, but got no reply.
I already have an operating system library and would love to host it.
I have 20gb+ of bandwidth a month and since I know my webhost can get more webspace.
Give me a shout.
My current Osdev site is
http://oslib.codymays.net.
Template sucks right now, but the new one is css tableless and really cool.

Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:40 pm
by mr. xsism
Our server right now is about the quality of a $50 yoyo and all services run on the box, but we can't complain as it is free. I would love to carry the Wiki on at osdever.net and believe we will be able to around may because will be moving servers and it won't be nearly as bad as it is now. The current server is on a private T1--the new one will be in a burstable DC in LA.
We are actually in discussion with Chase from osdev.org to merge our forces together and havinga wiki is one of our interests. It would be excellent to maintain the OS FAQ wiki as it already has a good base.
webinkhosting AT gmail DOT com
give me an email for more info and we'll see what we can workout. We could also merge the YaBB forum into phpBB(or keep it seperate) if you want, although I see someone else has already offered to host the forum.
Think about the offer as I really would like to prove our site worthy of having your wiki and forum.
Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:49 pm
by df
it would be nice to have all the osdev stuff in one place and all the agi/sci stuff in once place...
be nice if we could get the wiki onto chase's site..

be nice to have the osdev forums move to his site...
Re:Forum + OSFAQ need new homes.....
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:18 am
by mr. xsism
The whole reason Chase is considering merging is because he is lacking time to keeo his site updated. I know osdever.net sn't reliable right now, but we aroe working on it. You have to give us some credit as this is a hobby site, we don't get paid to run it.
I'm thinking of changing from phpBB to YaBB, so we can host the forum here too. Chase also uses phpBB iirc or at least jboss.
I want to run the wiki and forum. If you give us a DB dump I will set it up soon.
Like i said may would be the best time to do this since we will be changing servers soon. Perhaps in the mean time you can email Chase asking to host it on his server for now?