Page 2 of 2
Re:composing music
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:52 pm
by Poseidon
I use reason.. great program, although the interface is somewhat childish... the program costs money, btw.
Re:composing music
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:29 am
by rwfromxenon
I Lostalim wrote:
Heh - back on our 386... (I feel old) ...
Why? I remember my 386. It was only... uhm... 13, maybe 14 years ago

Re:composing music
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:41 pm
by Rich
Holy Crap! I remember using my Tandy which had 286 in the mid to late 80's. I remember thinking how fast the 386s were when they came out. Then the 486... and boy... those fastass pentiums (586). Of course, now, it's a whole new world. Damn... I'm old.
I gave up on learning to do computer music. I was never good with music in any medium. I gotta get someone else to do it or just steal it. At least, I'm good with graphics and programming.
Re:composing music
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:27 pm
by rwfromxenon
Quoth Strong Bad:
Behold, the 386, a spectacle of graphics and sound. (Beep)
Re:composing music
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:55 am
by I Lostalim
Yeah - I missed the 286... Even if we'd had one chances are I wouldn't've even been able to spell keyboard let alone use one!
Good to see I'm not the only one who finds myself bored enough to visit homestar-runner! ; D
Re:composing music
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:08 am
by Xqzzy Rcxmcq
For my analogue synthesizer/Hammond drawbar organ synthesizer I use SynthEdit. There are a bunch of VST plugins you can download for acoustic/electric guitar, grand piano, bass guitar, drum loops, etc. It can output to WAV.
And for recording, I use SoundForge. As a "music word processor" I use Finale 2005. There's a not-as-good free version called Finale Notepad that might be just as good, it depends on what you're doing.