composing music
-
Poseidon
Re:composing music
I use reason.. great program, although the interface is somewhat childish... the program costs money, btw.
-
rwfromxenon
Re:composing music
Why? I remember my 386. It was only... uhm... 13, maybe 14 years agoI Lostalim wrote: Heh - back on our 386... (I feel old) ...
-
Rich
Re:composing music
Holy Crap! I remember using my Tandy which had 286 in the mid to late 80's. I remember thinking how fast the 386s were when they came out. Then the 486... and boy... those fastass pentiums (586). Of course, now, it's a whole new world. Damn... I'm old.
I gave up on learning to do computer music. I was never good with music in any medium. I gotta get someone else to do it or just steal it. At least, I'm good with graphics and programming.
I gave up on learning to do computer music. I was never good with music in any medium. I gotta get someone else to do it or just steal it. At least, I'm good with graphics and programming.
-
rwfromxenon
Re:composing music
Quoth Strong Bad:
Behold, the 386, a spectacle of graphics and sound. (Beep)
-
I Lostalim
Re:composing music
Yeah - I missed the 286... Even if we'd had one chances are I wouldn't've even been able to spell keyboard let alone use one! 
Good to see I'm not the only one who finds myself bored enough to visit homestar-runner! ; D
Good to see I'm not the only one who finds myself bored enough to visit homestar-runner! ; D
-
Xqzzy Rcxmcq
Re:composing music
For my analogue synthesizer/Hammond drawbar organ synthesizer I use SynthEdit. There are a bunch of VST plugins you can download for acoustic/electric guitar, grand piano, bass guitar, drum loops, etc. It can output to WAV.
And for recording, I use SoundForge. As a "music word processor" I use Finale 2005. There's a not-as-good free version called Finale Notepad that might be just as good, it depends on what you're doing.
And for recording, I use SoundForge. As a "music word processor" I use Finale 2005. There's a not-as-good free version called Finale Notepad that might be just as good, it depends on what you're doing.