OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 am 

Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance
I quickly checked AMD's site, the legal page says "personal use only", and the AMD manuals read "All rights reserved".

Looking at the Transmeta doc I just noticed it says "Non-disclosure agreement" on every page while I can't recall signing one :shock:

The cyrix manuals are not on this machine (they are hard to get) so I can't read the legal blabla in here. IIRC Its not a real substitute for the intel manuals, so unless next weekend's read proves useful, I think this is a dead end :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:35 pm 

Regardless of weather we have links to manuals. I would like to point readers to the correct chapters in the manuals. From looking at the posts of new(er) users seeking help, almost all of them check the wiki page on the subject. I do not believe that the wiki will ever have enough information on any subject. By referring readers to manuals from the wiki page, they will immediately have enough information for whatever they're doing, and hopefully return to the manual in the future. To further address Combuster's concern (which I embarrassingly missed reading before my last reply) a "Intel Manuals" page could be created which tells of their importance, where to download them, and how to get your free hard copy.