EDITED:I suggest the following way of developing our osdev magazine using The Wiki:
Lets suppose we;re writing Issue <put a number here>
of the magazine.
We want it to contain the following articles:
We write article Y and article Z.
- X (an article present on the wiki)
- Y (an article not present on the wiki)
- Z (an article not present on the wiki)
Then we create an article called "Issue <put a number here>"
an put in a category with all the other issues.
In this article we write a short preamble, table of contents, an finally...
...we use the MediaWiki (as the OSDEV Wiki runs on MediaWiki) transclusion function
to embed the contents of articles in this article (Yo Dawg
This article is now the issue of our magazine.
Now we can use another MediaWiki feature called Collection Creator to Create PDF's, EPUB's, ODF's from it or even print it with pediapress.Advantages:
- The Wiki is the central place for the OSDEV Community
- We avoid duplicates of Magazine Articles and Wiki articles as we don't copy&paste articles from the wiki, but embed|symlink them.
- Every issue adds new articles to the Wiki
- Everybody an account on a Wiki can contribute
- Basiclly everything