OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

should a compiler sub-forum be established here to build up a community before re-launching compdev?
Poll ended at Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:58 am
Yes, there is enough justification for it 64%  64%  [ 23 ]
No, this site is already too large as it is 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No, there won't be enough demand 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
Uncertain or Abstain 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 36
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Poll: Should a temporary compiler sub-forum be set up he
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:11 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Germany
That's probably the issue with compiler development: a lot (let's say 70%) want to get into it, but haven't yet. The other 30% are into it, know how they want to do it (compiler design, language design etc.). Those who already do it don't have the need to discuss anything - they already know exactly what they're doing. I only see a compiler sub-forum used if there were some more informations on the wiki, as then the 70% may consider getting started.

_________________
OSDev Discord
vineyard, a x86 OS.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group