OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 2943
Location: Chichester, UK
osdeverr wrote:
klange wrote:
dozniak wrote:

I would ask for a translation of the comments, but maybe I don't want to know...

These comments will definitely offend you. They say that your project will die eventually, that there's no point to do this, etc.

Why do you feel the need to lie and be rude to other posters?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 2943
Location: Chichester, UK
klange wrote:
dozniak wrote:

I would ask for a translation of the comments, but maybe I don't want to know...

It's a fairly comprehensive description of your product. Certainly nothing that would offend you. Be proud that your project is good enough to attract such unsolicited attention.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 712
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
klange wrote:
dozniak wrote:

I would ask for a translation of the comments, but maybe I don't want to know...


The comments are at the usual level for a Russian development community - 99% are imbeciles, the remaining 1% are self-righteous jerks, so you don't really wanna know.

I'll translate only one tongue-in-cheek semi-haiku though:

Somewhere far far away
A tear fell down the cheek
Linus Torvalds was crying

_________________
Learn to read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 452
dozniak wrote:
The comments are at the usual level for a Russian development community - 99% are imbeciles, the remaining 1% are self-righteous jerks, so you don't really wanna know.
IMHO, there is one crucial detail: that site is mostly for discussions (if one can call this "s*** hits the fan" a discussion, huh) and not for development. Those who are developing anything useful tend to appreciate other's work. Although my sad experience tells that other sites in ru-net are rarely better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:23 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 165
Also I don't think that's specific to Russia...

_________________
https://github.com/sikthehedgehog/indigo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 488
Nable wrote:
dozniak wrote:
The comments are at the usual level for a Russian development community - 99% are imbeciles, the remaining 1% are self-righteous jerks, so you don't really wanna know.
IMHO, there is one crucial detail: that site is mostly for discussions (if one can call this "s*** hits the fan" a discussion, huh) and not for development. Those who are developing anything useful tend to appreciate other's work. Although my sad experience tells that other sites in ru-net are rarely better.

+1

_________________
Developing U365.
Source:
only testing: http://gitlab.com/bps-projs/U365/tree/testing

OSDev newbies can copy any code from my repositories, just leave a notice that this code was written by U365 development team, not by you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 488
iansjack wrote:
Why do you feel the need to lie and be rude to other posters?

Whaaaa? I don't feel it :-? .

_________________
Developing U365.
Source:
only testing: http://gitlab.com/bps-projs/U365/tree/testing

OSDev newbies can copy any code from my repositories, just leave a notice that this code was written by U365 development team, not by you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ToaruOS 1.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 712
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
osdeverr wrote:
iansjack wrote:
Why do you feel the need to lie and be rude to other posters?

Whaaaa? I don't feel it :-? .


That's because iansjack was talking about the article itself.

_________________
Learn to read.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group