OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Waji's Standards
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:17 pm 

Wajideu wrote:
I showed nothing but respect for poor little Brendan while his every response to me was arrogant and snide. If that's what he wants to dish out, that's what he's going to receive. I'm not going to respect a person who doesn't respect me.

You are crying the whole time:
Quote:
I haven't boasted about anything. In fact, a majority of this entire topic has been nothing but debating between others and I where I'm defending the work of people who have done far more than I have from baseless criticism. If that makes you feel inferior, then I'm sorry.

But we always talk about Waji's "genius" ideas. Who are those other people, who are defended by you like a hero? This can only be a royal we.

Let me conclude:
User WajiDeu/DaemonR
- does not have required knowledge
- does not want to learn these things
- proposes new "standards",which are not better, but in fact worse than existing ones because of his lacking knowledge
- reacts with rude insults to negative criticism, because of this( "jackass", "toddler", "butthurt")
- deletes own posts(this is only a suspicion)
- changes name and title names
- confuse newcomers with wrong advise

This is the decision of the administrators of this forum,including the patient Brendan and this is NOT mine. I am only rarely here.

However I think it is certainly a good idea to close this thread. Not only for most users here, but also for you, Wajideu. Then you do not longer need to bother with this evil thing called "criticism" and you also don't need to "defend" yourself and yourself. Then you are able to reinvent everything in a genius manner, so that Brendan and all the others including me will be all busted one day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:28 pm 

martinFTW wrote:
But we always talk about Waji's "genius" ideas. Who are those other people, who are defended by you like a hero? This can only be a royal we.

Please quote me a single post of mine where I'm praising one of my own ideas. I would love to see it. On the other hand, I think you'll have no problem finding the 3/4 page long debate where I'm defending autotools and 1-2 page long debate where I'm defending the C++ specification.

martinFTW wrote:
Let me conclude:
User WajiDeu/DaemonR
- does not have required knowledge
- does not want to learn these things
- proposes new "standards",which are not better, but in fact worse than existing ones because of his lacking knowledge
- reacts with rude insults to negative criticism, because of this( "jackass", "toddler", "butthurt")
- deletes own posts(this is only a suspicion)
- changes name and title names
- confuse newcomers with wrong advise

Let me conclude that:
User martinFTW
- does not know a damn thing about how much I know
- does not know a damn thing about how many hours a day I spend researching what I know (10+ would be a rough approximation)
- is too busy sucking up to other members to realize that I have only posted 1 standard on this entire topic, which was about the project structure on the first page
- likes to suck up to other members because he lacks self-esteem
- makes up ****; (I haven't deleted a single post in this topic, don't believe me, ask a moderator for the logs. The only thing I do is fix spelling and punctuation errors; anything else I add under an "EDIT" section below the post. Nothing is removed.)

I changed my username once from DaemonR to Wajideu, because I use the handle Wajideu everywhere else and wanted people to know that the posts that I made as DaemonR are mine; and I have not given any advice to newcomers (that I can remember).

martinFTW wrote:
However I think it is certainly a good idea to close this thread. Not only for most users here, but also for you, Wajideu. Then you do not longer need to bother with this evil thing called "criticism" and you also don't need to "defend" yourself and yourself. Then you are able to reinvent everything in a genius manner, so that Brendan and all the others including me will be all busted one day.

The only thing we agree on. I learned a valuable lesson: the topics about pictures of people's os's are the only topics that should be posted in on this entire forum.

Last edited by Wajideu on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 pm 

Wajideu wrote:
Kazinsal wrote:
At no point did you actually answer his question about root cause analysis and just fixing the toolchain from the inside out instead of layering a new shell of gunk to patch the holes in the previous shell of gunk.

I don't know how you can see that as a legitimate question rather than rhetoric sarcasm and belittling for wanting to make a tool like autotools.

It's a skill one picks up spending time here, getting used to the flow and the community. Busting in and waiting for people to bow in awe of your brilliant ideas isn't really how this place works at all.

Wajideu wrote:
For the record, if you read the post in which I called him a toddler, it was in reply to him calling my use of "expounding" and "delegate" as childish. And I called him a jackass because in every single post he has made, he's done nothing but un-constructively bash and made fun of not only my ideas, but the work of others like the GNU foundation and the standards committees, posing as though everything else was worthless **** compared to his ideas.

I don't claim to be knowledgeable about compiler development at all, but if you were to tell me your compiler can expound faster than your competitors, I'd assume you're a salesperson with google and a list of buzzwords and not a programmer. If you used the terminology that the rest of the compiler world uses, I'd be more inclined to get on board with your product.

I've been part of this community for longer than my registration date says I have. I'm not the most competent of the bunch, but I know the community's "old guard" and I know how this place works. Every now and then I take breaks, usually to sort something out in the world outside OS development, then I start anew again. I've just now come back from a fairly long break of getting my life back on track and getting into university. This is not the chain of posts I wanted to come back and make.
I respectfully request that you reconsider not extinguishing this flamewar you're in the middle of for the good of everyone involved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:34 pm 

Just a quick last response, this forum has a bug. I'm not sure if I clicked the edit button at the exact same time Kazinsai made his post or what, but I somehow ended up editing his post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:53 pm 

Wajideu wrote:
Just a quick last response, this forum has a bug. I'm not sure if I clicked the edit button at the exact same time Kazinsai made his post or what, but I somehow ended up editing his post.

Not on my end. My post looks totally unaltered from several different browsers and devices (to confirm it's not the cache).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:01 pm 

Kazinsal wrote:
Wajideu wrote:

Not on my end. My post looks totally unaltered from several different browsers and devices (to confirm it's not the cache).

I didn't change it, I just ended up on the edit post page with your post inside the text box. I should have left a footnote at the bottom instead of just going back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9