OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: java applets
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:17 pm 
whenever i try to make a java applet .. i have experience one problem .. if i try to run my program from appletviewer command it works fine and shows everything .. but when i try to run it from the internet explorer it says .. cant find the class file although it is in the same directory as the .html file is

now another thing i wanna ask is that like if i have a java program named MyApplet.java and i use anonymous classes in it .. it makes like
MyApplet$1.class
MyApplet$2.class
. . . .
and so on
now these class files are required to run this program .. if i want to upload them to a server e.g. on geocities it doesnt let me upload these $ named files .. and without that this java applet doesnt works ,,

so wat can be the solution ?

Post subject: Re:java applets
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:41 am 
I can't help you much with the first question, offhand; if you could post you're HTML code, it may help in working it out.

As for the second issue, the solution is to make the files int a JAR Java Archive) and call the main function from it. I don't recall the details of doing this offhand (and I don't know what implementation you are using), and am a bit short on time, so I can't give more information on it right now. It should be possible to look up on the web or in a reference book. I'll see if I can find it when I get back later, if you still need any more information.

Post subject: Re:java applets
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:12 pm 
well i got the idea from wat u r saying .. that can be the solution ..
thanx for ur help
but my first question is still there ?
:)