OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stupid Job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:00 am 
I'm at work right now. I hate my job. It is so boring. I am quiting next Wednesday. I have saved up enough money to go a month without working. I will be able to do nothing but work on my game. Weeee!!!

I'm a lab assistant at the college I go to and I have people asking me dumb questions that 9 times out of 10 are not the fault of the students but, the fault of our sys admin. Things like two different shortcuts to Microsoft Word, one that works, one that doesn't. In the lab I'm in today the idiots actually removed the task bar. It is all so frustrating because they make these changes over the network, and I can't do anything about it. They are supposed to be "security" measures. ARGHHH!!! Stupid people.

Okay, I'm done ranting...

anybody else hate their job?

later,
-junc

Post subject: Re:Stupid Job
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:35 pm 
I work at a Computer/Office Surplus type store called STAPLES...I LOVE IT...I mean what more could a guy want than working in a place that gets all the new crap for computers...and has the option of buying it 20% off!

I LOVE MY JOB....and i get $$$ ;D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:41 pm 
You have GOT to be kidding me! 20%!! I worked at the Staples here and they don't offer employee discounts. Bastards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:10 pm 
Maybe it is a newer opurtunity for STAPLES employees ??? I dont know...when i worked at WAL-MART...I got a 10% discount on my stuff..but that was WAY back when

STAPLES has grown much porbabally since you had your job...all i know about it is that i get 240% off stuff!!!..with my Job ID of Course :-D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:06 pm 
Actually Staples wasn't doing all that great. They were, but then things kinda went poo after 9/11, most places are just starting to bounce back. I quit not long after I was on the remodel team. They started changing a lot of things with the remodel because they had their budget cut. We were the 2nd largest store (profit wise)in our city. They still don't have discounts, I still have a lot of friends that work there. It is a good job though. So you work in electronics then? Sold any plans yet? I assume they have those in your state.

later,
-junc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:28 pm 
Plans...um no? maybe i dont understand you? Do you mean COMPUTERS? ??? or like 3 year plans...?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:56 pm 
Uhhh...like 3 year plans I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:17 pm 
Uhh...usually employees get discounts on merchandise from franchise stores such as STAPLES. It may be junc, that you have the odd owner or manager who decides not to put a discount as an employee benefit. On the other hand, you might have a benefit smg doesn't have. Check on one of your paychecks or ask a co-worker...they should know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:11 am 
I don't work there anymore so it doesn't really matter. I worked for a corporate store. It is very possible that his region just handles things differently. All the better for him.

-junc