OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My game in progress
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:58 pm 
Because I'm developing this for AGS first, I didn't think it would be appropriate to post in in the AGI or SCI forum until I actually begin the conversions. You can check out all of the really cool details here:

http://www.juncmodule.com/cyberpunk/gameprep.html

This is a pretty massive project. Let me know what you guys think of the plot and screenshots so far.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, this is kind of a continuation of my "how to make a game"-tutorial thing. I am going to document every step and hopefully compile it all once I'm finished as a tutorial.

later,
-junc

Post subject: Re:My game in progress
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:25 pm 
wait are you saying its like a tutorial game to making ags games? that would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:51 pm 
No, if it were that I would just post that on the AGS Forum. It will be a general tutorial about making a game with any engine. I know very little about AGS, about as much as I know about SCI Studio. The only catch is I can do work about 10 times faster with AGS. The only reason I'm going to use AGS first is so that I can have the soundtrack. Once Brian releases SCI VGA I will also port it to that. For now the planned ports are AGS, SCI (EGA), and AGI. Actually, in the end it could turn into a tutorial for making a game with all three engines. It all depends on how much I have to do to relearn AGI.

later,
-junc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:41 am 
So it will be like a tutorial about how to create any adventure game? Like
1)Think of a story
2)Think of quests
3)Think of Graphics
etc... ?

If you could do one about that and then porting games from/to different engines, that would be cool!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:21 am 
Idont see how you people can draw so good...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:36 pm 
Thanks!

If you look closely you will notice I took a lot of tricks from AGI screenshots. Most of the little fancy details are from Space Quest 1. The perspectives are from LSL 2. The building outlines I did myself, based on some pics I found on Shadowrun and other cyberpunk sites.

I actually just finished all of the outdoor scenes and I'm about ready to start on the indoor scenes. WhooHoo!!

-junc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:04 pm 
OMG...I cant sraw worth crap....