OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Game production
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:34 pm 
My current game Dial "A" for Anarchy has not seen any progress for more than a year :(. So far it consists of about nine screens and five characters.

Post subject: Re:Game production
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:42 pm 
The project I am currently working on (Fuulong Moon) has basically no character interaction as most of it is sneaking around trying not to be caught by either a) Security Droids/guards in the refueling base, and b) various Fuulong troops.

It has about 4 screens at the moment, with something like 10 more on the "I'll draw it soon" list.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:55 pm 
I'm about half-way through.. but it's not a game (agi compiler).. so umm. I could only select one though.

- Nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:17 am 
me wants nagi 2.07!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:22 am 
ok ok.. I'll see what I can do

- Nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:49 am 
NAGI whips Sarien, IMO

It might not be as portable, but it doesn't screw games up (on my PC anyway) in the same way that Sarien does 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:08 am 
ah give them a break.. they use a totally different development method.. the current news is that they're very compatible at the moment.. they're just cleaning things up for the next release.

- Nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:58 am 
Where's the 'I think I almost have 1/3 of the game' choise? I had to choose 1/2 of the game, because I don't know how big it'll become. At the moment, it's 22 screens big, with around 32 until I release the next demo. It's not done there, but I don't know how big it'll get after that.

-Kon-Tiki-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:17 am 
  • My game will be about 70 screens.
  • 15 pics still need to be drawn.
  • Logics?... I think I'm half-way through, but I can't be sure of that because when things need to be done in more than one screen I put them in an extra logic.
  • Sounds: one third?

But I'm currently working on the story of two other games...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:37 am 
Well V is about 1/2 way done... and I started on some graphics for my gundam game in SCI. No other AGI/SCI/game projects other than those though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:22 am 

wheres the I'm working on 100 different things right now choice!:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:56 pm 
I really only work on it when i feel like it...
not much now that school has started...

SMG240

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:45 am 
Just started on the game...about halfway done with the demo. You will be able to actually go through my demo just like the real game...the characters won't have any "AI" and you won't be able to sword fight...additions I would like in the final product...but, I need to learn more about programming SCI studio first.

It's a sequel to a game called Brataccas that I used to play on the Atari ST when I was a wee lad.

It was meant to be a tutorial for myself to learn SCI Studio....it's been a bit rough going...I know very little about programming and there aren't a whole lot of example scripts available...sadness...

my next game is going to have a MONKEY in it. heh ;D.

-junc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:57 pm 
i havent worked on dq2 in a while. i did add a new opening though. i may add onto the intro. when i first started, i rushed through. i didnt add any animations of doors. so now its gonna take longer to make because i wanna redo all that and make it better.

so this is just advice. dont rush through a game. you will not have pride in the outcome. i rushed through because i wanted everyone to see it. no one will like it though, cause i rushed through it. the pictures arent too great. anyway, if you want your game to be good, put time into it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:54 pm 
I also need a "working on too many different things" option.

Jen's Quest -- haven't done much work on it lately...my focus has been on the BLG, and I've been having trouble getting myself to draw. I'm beginning to think I need an artist.

BLG -- done tons of work on it recently...I'm restructuring the code to keep from having so many stinkin' global variables...I'm adding a position editor -- and in the process I've added a Local Define Name editor and written a VOL Browser along with C++ classes for reading picture and view resources, as well as dir files, object files, and VOL files. I've got it to the point now where I'm working on the preliminary interface for the actual positioning of objects. It already has the ability to display, zoom in on, and scroll picture resources as well as let you select a view resource for the object you are positioning using the VOL browser. The VOL Browser is also implemented as a C++ class, with the ability to restrict what types of resources a user can see so that the VOL browser can also be used as a resource selector.