OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lord of the Rings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:46 pm 
I went and saw Lord of the Rings about 2 weeks ago and thought that it was GREAT :)! Now I don't know which I like better, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Well, I heard that all of the Lord of the Rings movies(3 in all) are made, but that we have to wait till Dec 2002 to see the next one and Dec 2003 to see the last. Has anyone else heard this or knows different? 'Cause it seems kinda odd to me.

K.J.

Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:25 am 
That sounds right to me. Go to Google [http://www.google.com] and search for "Lord of the Rings official website" or something. It should have info on at least one of the pages! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:02 pm 
I already checked http://www.lordoftherings.net (the official site) and didn't find anything about the 2 upcoming movies. :(

K.J.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:13 pm 
They've done all the shooting, they just need to give it time for all the computer generated effects to be rendered.  Making it look all natural is probably pretty tricky.

Also, they probably want to release it in the right season to get the max amount of people watching it.  (ie, each year)..

A year isn't too bad.. you had to wait about 2 decades for the first starwars movie.

- Nick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:09 pm 
I downloaded the movie trailer to show a friend to convince them to go see the movie. And the trailer says: "Two Towers: December 2002" and "Return of the King: December 2003" so I guess it's true. Anyway, it's supposed to come out on VHS and DVD around October in the US and on eBay some are already being sold.

K.J.