OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: yabbse
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:28 am 

well.. if you saw the board down for about 10 minutes... yes I nuked it by accident.. never assume when you use a ftp program to delete a symlink it will just unlink... yes it delted everything joy ;) lucky i backed up just before I did it... 10 minutes to reupload the old board...

managed to convert the old board to the new board! whoo! needs some customisation before it can go live.. but now I have the conversion process down... when its customised, it will be swapped over...

new url here too :> so I'll get a redirector going...

once I play more with yabbse and if i think its good to update.... we'll convert over...

also if you _find_ the new board :) hehehe, remember, all posts will be crossed over from this board, so anything on the new board. dead. ok!

Post subject: Re: yabbse
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:17 pm 
Looks like the board was converted pretty nicely... yes I did find where you put the board. Don't worry I wont tell anybody where it's located.

I can see that a few things still need changing i.e. I have the position of YaBB God instead of member, and the colors are the original YaBBse colors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:22 pm 

yeah, once I nuked a few problems with it last night i went to bed. so its pretty much vanilla right now. need to do a new logo, recolour the lot, get smoe funky style sheets stuff. ditch polls. add some new forums (an SCI forum), changing the current sci+agi to moving to agi stuff only...

hmm lots of things to do.. but if i get my new mountain bike today (specialized rockhopper a1 fs pro 2002 model with disc brakes mmmmmmmmm).. it will be MTB'ing all weekend! hehehehe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:43 am 
Yeah seperating AGI and SCI shoudn't be too hard... there isn't much work to do considering most of the stuff in the agi+sci board is mostly about agi except for the new SCI Studio stuff :) which I am trying to learn. My yabbse board that I set up is still having a few problems as you can see from http://www.agigames.com/yabbse/ the biggest problem is that the tables where never created for some reason...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:29 pm 
Whoo hoo I have finally set up a YaBBse board yippee. It is at http://www.agigames.com/yabbse/ I still need to upload the patch they released today though which fixes a few bugs.

Also df I would recommend you go back to the yabbse site and download and install the patches too.

The problem I was having was with the database names... the default was yabbse and yabbse_ but after studying the database names of some other things that I have that use databases they use the name agigames_databasename so I went back into the installer and used agigames_yabbse and it worked perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:41 pm 
Well, my board is officially up. I have set up all the colors and options that I want to use. So everyone come check it out and give me your opinions. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:42 pm 

yeah by default, i didnt use any of the defaults ;) table name prefixes etc.

i've also been running 1.3.1 bugfix since i put it up anyway.

Post subject: Re:yabbse
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:25 pm 
I don't know why but for some reason each time you convert the board my sig gets changed and I have to fix it each time...