OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Message to NunoLava1998
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm 

Hi,

Since you deactivated your account, I can't post this privately. So I'm posting it here in case you are still frequenting.

I didn't want to be mean on IRC. No one wanted to be mean. But you didn't seem to apply our advice, so eventually people started giving up. Lastly, I decided to tell you the truth, since you weren't getting it. And you left. And then returned for a while, acted immaturely, and left again. Even if you are 9, you were interacting with teenagers and adults, which tend to get annoyed with immature acting.

But now you closed that webchat window, and you presumably don't remember where the logs are. So I'm writing here the summary, as I summarised it in the last lines before you left:
  • Get the required knowledge - if not all of it, then at least points {1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12};
  • Read the wiki and the manuals, while understanding them using the knowledge you learned previously;
  • Start over your kernel using the knowledge you learned previously.

The truth is that OS development is very hard and requires a lot of knowledge and research (you can occasionally ask some things, but you are expected to do the 90% of the work yourself). So, please, follow our advice.

Regards,
glauxosdever

Post subject: Re: Message to NunoLava1998
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:50 pm 

I'm still not certain that he's actually nine. There's the possibility that he's a just a really good troll with a lot of free time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:18 pm 

My bet is on him really being 12 (someone else who supposedly knows him mentioned his exact age). At any rate, it's really hard to convince someone at that age to study and that's too bad because it really is the only way to progress even if it seems like a waste of time to them. I'm sure most of us here went through that phase as well when we were young.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:38 pm 

I have been friends with the person who was my mentor in my teens for over 30 years... I'm 46

It was not until I was in my 20's that he finally told me I was an insufferable @$$ in my teens and that multiple times I narrowly escaped death at his hands only because of the death sentence in S.C.

[-o<

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 am 

dchapiesky wrote:
I have been friends with the person who was my mentor in my teens for over 30 years... I'm 46

It was not until I was in my 20's that he finally told me I was an insufferable @$$ in my teens and that multiple times I narrowly escaped death at his hands only because of the death sentence in S.C.

Hehehe, I mentored a guy older than me back in the days.. I was 14 or 15 I think. And I bet I was insufferable sometimes, too.

Lets hope that Nuno will get older *wink* and at least attempt to get smarter in the mean time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 am 

I know a helluva lot of stuff and people call me expert on things too....

But my post asking about static initializers..... quite embarrassing for me...

But if you don't know... you have got to ask....

dozniak wrote:
Lets hope that Nuno will get older *wink* and at least attempt to get smarter in the mean time.

I had a motto when I was a young programmer... "Hang out with people who know more than you..."

Thus here I am on OSDev....

And I also hope Nuno will attempt to get smarter as well....

cheers

(personal confession time: ended) [-o<