OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:30 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
"The reason I quit my BBC show; got strict orders not to mention Israel in any context. This kind of censorship leads to #Gaza horror." (https://twitter.com/maxkeiser)

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Posts: 7052
Location: Germany
And this belongs on OSDev.org, because...?

_________________
Every good solution is obvious once you've found it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:11 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
Solar wrote:
And this belongs on OSDev.org, because...?

Majority of them are Westerners, after all. (At least their leaders and policy makers are) strongly commited to slamming down every single bit of criticism of Israel.

Also, it's the "general rambling" section. You'll find every kind of discussion here. Like this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18002

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:17 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
And today's the US Election, so I hope to convince even a single person not to vote for Hillary.

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:23 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Germany
Now it starts to make sense. Conspiracy theories and supporting Trump, that fits.

_________________
Developer of tyndur - community OS of Lowlevel (German)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:47 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 7897
Location: At his keyboard!
Hi,

Kevin wrote:
Now it starts to make sense. Conspiracy theories and supporting Trump, that fits.


Conspiracy theories, genetic defects caused by incest, and supporting Trump. It's a trifecta. :roll:


Cheers,

Brendan

_________________
For all things; perfection is, and will always remain, impossible to achieve in practice. However; by striving for perfection we create things that are as perfect as practically possible. Let the pursuit of perfection be our guide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:01 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 2792
Location: Chichester, UK
Muazzam wrote:
And today's the US Election, so I hope to convince even a single person not to vote for Hillary.

I'm sure that all over America people are changing their vote having read your words of wisdom.

Good luck to Pakistan if there's a Trump presidency; they'll certainly need it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:35 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:07 pm
Posts: 781
Hah, the idea that Trump would somehow not be worse than Clinton for any country or human in that part of the world is ludicrous.

_________________
[www.abubalay.com]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:10 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
Hillary has vowed to "put Israel first" so it's relevant here. But so does Trump.

Why did you assume that I supported Trump? Americans need a 3rd party candidate, Jill Stein for example. I'm not sure whether my message will reach >10 Americans but I've decided to post nonetheless.

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:02 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Germany
Muazzam wrote:
Hillary has vowed to "put Israel first" so it's relevant here. But so does Trump.

Even if so, how is this "slamming down every single bit of criticism of Israel"? This statement is showing support, not suppressing criticism.

Quote:
Americans need a 3rd party candidate, Jill Stein for example.

The American electoral system isn't designed for a third party to have any chance. If you wanted someone other than Clinton or Trump, that ship had already sailed after the primaries.

I wonder if Sanders could have won. I think polls suggested so then.

_________________
Developer of tyndur - community OS of Lowlevel (German)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:27 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
Kevin wrote:
Muazzam wrote:
Hillary has vowed to "put Israel first" so it's relevant here. But so does Trump.

Even if so, how is this "slamming down every single bit of criticism of Israel"? This statement is showing support, not suppressing criticism.

Quote:
Americans need a 3rd party candidate, Jill Stein for example.

The American electoral system isn't designed for a third party to have any chance. If you wanted someone other than Clinton or Trump, that ship had already sailed after the primaries.

I wonder if Sanders could have won. I think polls suggested so then.

American election wasn't the primary reason for this thread, Israel was.

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Posts: 7052
Location: Germany
Muazzam wrote:
American election wasn't the primary reason for this thread, Israel was.


It's more about sprinkling a forum completely unrelated to politics with some agenda-pushing flamebait.

_________________
Every good solution is obvious once you've found it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Germany
Muazzam wrote:
American election wasn't the primary reason for this thread, Israel was.

Yeah, I don't think you have shown how the majority of us (the "Westerners" in the osdev.org community) is "strongly commited to slamming down every single bit of criticism of Israel" - because I'm sure it's simply not true - so there is little to discuss here. If you make bullshit claims and ascribe positions to people that they don't actually hold, you might not get out of the thread what you expected.

Also, just as a hint: When an employer tells you not to mention Israel (neither positively nor negatively, so even in this case it doesn't seem to be one-sided as you suggest) in what you say in their name, that's not censorship, but just their right. It would be censorship if you couldn't express your opinion in your own name, but since that tweet exists, that's obviously not the case.

_________________
Developer of tyndur - community OS of Lowlevel (German)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 536
Location: Shahpur, Layyah, Pakistan
Solar wrote:
It's more about sprinkling a forum completely unrelated to politics with some agenda-pushing flamebait.

I tried advocating Palestinian cause on Twitter, no one even noticed I existed.
I tried on Quora, got banned permanently. Created three more accounts, they got banned, too.
On Facebook, I got one month ban.

They all are controlled. (Or brainwashed. Or both.)

So this forum was perhaps the only hope for me. I trust this forum.

This thread is getting nowhere. Another pointless thread perhaps I'm too stupid to realize. Moderators should delete this thread.

_________________
Doomed to be a subhuman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:05 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am
Posts: 2792
Location: Chichester, UK
So perhaps it's time you found another forum to peddle your views on. It seems that no-one here wants to hear them either.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group