Computers in prison (Advice for novice programmers thread)

All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
SWGDev

Re: Computers in prison (Advice for novice programmers threa

Post by SWGDev »

There is a PC with offline wikipedia in Breivik's cell, and he is a mass murderer.
alexfru

Post by alexfru »

Solar wrote:...and all the above would require just that "undue effort" the federal judges were talking about, payed for by taxes, so that people doing jail time can have a computer...?!?
Well, if you're feeling so humanitarian, perhaps, you should reconsider the entire practice of putting people into jail. :)
SWGDev

Post by SWGDev »

alexfru wrote:
Solar wrote:...and all the above would require just that "undue effort" the federal judges were talking about, payed for by taxes, so that people doing jail time can have a computer...?!?
Well, if you're feeling so humanitarian, perhaps, you should reconsider the entire practice of putting people into jail. :)
I think he meant quite the opposite. :)
Ycep

Post by Ycep »

Brendan wrote:Hi,
alexfru wrote:How about the computer simply disconnected from the network/internet?
Smash the screen to get shards of glass. Use the glass on the computer's power cord (or it's battery charger's power cord) to bare the wires. Now use power cord to electrocute people until the power is cut off, then switch to slashing people's throats with the shards of glass and/or strangling people with the power cord and/or using the computer as a club to bash people.

This is just what happens at my house when I lose the Internet connection. I'd hate to see what would happen in a prison.. :roll:

Cheers,

Brendan
Good imagination, very good imagination. :D .
matt11235

Post by matt11235 »

Brendan wrote:Hi,
alexfru wrote:How about the computer simply disconnected from the network/internet?
Smash the screen to get shards of glass. Use the glass on the computer's power cord (or it's battery charger's power cord) to bare the wires. Now use power cord to electrocute people until the power is cut off, then switch to slashing people's throats with the shards of glass and/or strangling people with the power cord and/or using the computer as a club to bash people.

This is just what happens at my house when I lose the Internet connection. I'd hate to see what would happen in a prison.. :roll:

Cheers,

Brendan
Wow, times are tough in Australia :roll:
I thought you guys had a lower crime rate than us now.
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.nimbus.InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState
Compiler Development Forum
NunoLava1998
Libera.chat IRC: NunoLava1998

Post by NunoLava1998 »

Luxury prisons? I've heard a few that let you get your laptop and use it without any penalties. Except you can't use Wi-Fi. Bring the intel manuals and C manuals just in case you go there.
Developing TRIODIUM OS. Or call it Dixium if you want. It doesn't matter.

https://github.com/NunoLava1998/DixiumOS
matt11235

Post by matt11235 »

NunoLava1998 wrote:Luxury prisons? I've heard a few that let you get your laptop and use it without any penalties. Except you can't use Wi-Fi. Bring the intel manuals and C manuals just in case you go there.
Have a look at some prisons in Scandinavia, you're in for a shock :lol:
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.nimbus.InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState
Compiler Development Forum